Are you thinking of having a baby? Perhaps you’re pregnant, or nursing a newborn. Whatever your situation, Expect the Best shows you how eating nutritious food, and other healthy lifestyle habits, from preconception to post-delivery helps you to have the brightest, healthiest child possible.
Expect the Best includes latest information about:
- How good nutrition maximizes fertility in women, and men!
- Trimester-by-trimester nutrition and exercise recommendations
- Safe, reasonable postpregnancy weight loss
- Eating plans for breastfeeding moms
- How eating well can help you handle conditions such as gestational diabetes and morning sickness
- More than 60 delicious, nutritious, and easy recipes your entire family will enjoy, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free recipe options.
- And so much more!
You’re busy, and the last thing you need is a one-size-fits-all approach to eating that’s impossible for you and your family to follow. MyPlate for Moms, How to Feed Yourself & Your Family Better decodes the Dietary Guidelines and serves up nutritious and delicious meals and snacks, simple solutions for working in exercise for the entire family, and nutritional guidelines anyone can follow, all while keeping your personal needs in mind. You’ll learn to:
- Restore balance to your diet using MyPlate
- Prevent “portion distortion” to improve weight control
- Dine out without wrecking your intentions to eat right
- Prepare mouth-watering meals and snacks, with more than 50 recipes that reflect MyPlate’s suggestions for what to eat
- Help yourself, and your children, to easily get the physical activity you need